Develop Your Digital Skills While Earning Credit From the University of Virginia
UVA Edge is a three-semester, online program from the University of Virginia in which UVA employees can use their tuition benefit to learn in-demand skills and earn 30 undergraduate credits.
Participants must at least have a high school diploma, or equivalent, and typically have less than 30 college credits.
- Online program
- Real-world digital and professional skills
- Six classes over three semesters
- One 90-minute live session per week
- Community of professors, teaching assistants, and peers
- Award of Completion
Using Your UVA Tuition Benefit
UVA Edge is designed to be compatible with UVA's Education Benefit, and UVA Employees accepted into the program typically pay less than $300 in total out-of-pocket costs after using all available education benefits.
Academic Employees: To apply for the benefit, submit an Employee Request in Workday. Visit the UVA HR site for detailed instructions.
You will likely need:
- Your course listing from UVA SIS
- The current cost per credit hour (reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
Please note, academic employees applying the UVA Benefit must complete each course with a C or better, or they may be required to repay the education benefit received for that course.
For help or questions about using your UVA Tuition Benefit for UVA Edge, please contact email@example.com.
Medical Center Employees: For employees starting UVA Edge, we have a direct billing system set up with the UVA Medical Center. You do not need to submit any paperwork for education benefits or pay any tuition costs out of pocket. UVA Edge and UVA Medical Center staff will handle all tuition bills, provided that you meet the minimum grade requirement of a C- or higher in each class.
Join Us For A Webinar
We hold regular informational webinars for staff interested in UVA Edge. In each, you will get an overview of the program and staff will be on hand to answer your questions. To get invited to our next webinar, share your name and email with us.
You can also sign up for a one-on-one session with a recruitment advisor to ask questions and determine whether the program is a good fit.
How to apply
What you’ll need
- Unofficial transcripts: Your high school transcript, OR if you've taken any college courses, all college transcripts
- A 300- to 325-word statement on the following: Please let us know why you would like to complete UVA Edge. How will it help you accomplish your academic or professional goals? What would you like to gain from the program?
How to begin your application
- Visit the application site and click “Create a new account.”
- When prompted, enter your information. The system will email you a temporary PIN to create an account.
- Follow the instructions in the email to set up a new account with a username and password.
- Log in. You will see the “Apply Now” page. Click “Start New Application” at the bottom of the page.
- Select “UVA Edge” and click “Create Application.”
- Complete the steps on the left and submit your materials. Make sure to mark "Univision" as your employer where indicated.
Need Help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org