A One-Year Program
Students in UVA Edge will take two online courses per semester for three consecutive semesters, earning a total of 20 credits during the program. Applications are now open for the Spring 2022 semester, and the application deadline is Nov. 1, 2021.
Each semester, one of these classes will be held at a set time that's scheduled to accommodate working adults. For the second class, students will access a mix of live and recorded instruction at times that best suit them.
Students should expect to spend about 10-12 hours most weeks preparing for or attending class and working on course assignments.
What will I learn?
UVA Edge builds the digital and human skills to help you thrive in a rapidly-changing world.
The program develops foundational technology skills needed to navigate the workplace, like cloud-based collaboration. In the Digital Essentials course, students learn high-demand digital skills that are valued by their employers, like digital marketing and entertainment, cloud computing, and data analytics.
UVA Edge shines by drawing on UVA’s world-class liberal arts programs to develop the human skills that are valued by employers in the digital age, like critical thinking, communication, and leadership. These skills are essential but take time and effort to learn. Courses like Knowledge in the Digital Age, High-Impact Behaviors in the Workplace, and Persuasive Writing each take a unique approach to increase your power as a professional.
Will this help me get a degree?
UVA Edge can serve as a stepping stone to a degree, and is designed to give options to students who have been away from the classroom.
At the end of the program, students will have earned 20 credits that could be applied toward an Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree, though it's important to understand that the decision whether or not to accept those credits toward a degree will be made by the school that awards the degree.
- 2 courses per semester
- 3 consecutive semesters over a calendar year
- 20 total academic credits earned from six classes
How to apply
What you’ll need
- Unofficial transcripts: Your high school transcript, OR if you've taken any college courses, all college transcripts
- A 300- to 325-word statement on the following: Please let us know why you would like to complete UVA Edge. How will it help you accomplish your academic or professional goals? What would you like to gain from the program?
How to begin your application
- Visit the application site and click “Create a new account.”
- When prompted, enter your information. The system will email you a temporary PIN to create an account.
- Follow the instructions in the email to set up a new account with a username and password.
- Log in. You will see the “Apply Now” page. Click “Start New Application” at the bottom of the page.
- Select “UVA Edge” and click “Create Application.”
- Complete the steps on the left and submit your materials. Make sure to mark your employer where indicated.
Need Help? Email email@example.com