Develop Your Digital Skills While Earning Credit From the University of Virginia
UVA Edge is a six-course, online program from the University of Virginia in which Univision employees can learn in-demand skills and earn 20 undergraduate credits. Students interested in taking only a portion of the program may also be interested in UVA Edge Flex, which includes three courses.
Tuition and fees are 100% covered by the Univision education benefit for eligible employees.
Participants must at least have a high school diploma, or equivalent, and typically have less than 30 college credits. Some employees with degrees may choose to participate to update their skills.
- Online program
- Real-world digital and professional skills
- Six classes over three semesters
- One 90-minute live session per week
- Community of professors, teaching assistants, and peers
- Award of Completion
Join Us For A Webinar
We hold regular webinars for staff interested in UVA Edge. In each, you will get an overview of the program and staff will be on hand to answer your questions. To get invited to our next webinar, sign up here or click the link below.
You can also sign up for a one-on-one session with a recruitment advisor to ask questions and determine whether the program is a good fit.
How to apply
What you’ll need
- Unofficial transcripts: Your high school transcript, OR if you've taken any college courses, all college transcripts
- A 300- to 325-word statement on the following: Please let us know why you would like to complete UVA Edge. How will it help you accomplish your academic or professional goals? What would you like to gain from the program?
How to begin your application
- Visit the application site and click “Create a new account.”
- When prompted, enter your information. The system will email you a temporary PIN to create an account.
- Follow the instructions in the email to set up a new account with a username and password.
- Log in. You will see the “Apply Now” page. Click “Start New Application” at the bottom of the page.
- Select “UVA Edge” and click “Create Application.”
- Complete the steps on the left and submit your materials. Make sure to mark "Univision" as your employer where indicated.
Need Help? Email email@example.com
UVA Edge Flex
What is UVA Edge Flex?
UVA Edge Flex is a curated suite of three courses drawn from UVA Edge, and is designed for students who want targeted courses in data and human skills.
The three courses include: "Data Literacy," "Digital Essentials," and "High Impact Behavior in the Workplace." All courses are online and designed for adults with responsibilities and competing priorities, using coursework that can be accessed any time. Successful students will earn nine academic credits for their coursework.
Can I just take one of the classes?
The three courses in the Edge Flex bundle have been carefully selected to provide a blend of high-demand topics. At this time, Edge Flex can only be taken as a three-course package.
When are the UVA Edge Flex classes available?
The courses are offered in Fall and Spring semesters.
Do Edge Flex credits transfer?
Just like the full UVA Edge program, the 1000- and 2000-credits for UVA Edge Flex are designed to be transferable for students who want to build toward a degree. It will ultimately be up to the institution granting the degree to decide whether to accept UVA Edge credits.
Please note that UVA’s undergraduate degree completion programs in the School of Continuing and Professional Studies will generally accept these credits for students who wish to continue toward a bachelor’s degree, but transferability may depend on other courses you've already taken. If you’d like to learn more about how you might be able to use your Edge credits to complete your bachelor’s degree at UVA, please fill out a pre-admission advising request.